Table of contents
Both these features aim to help team members gain a finer understanding of their colleagues. Here is a short presentation to help you understand what you can do and how you can use them.
PROJECTS : Finally understand who works on what, and with who !
- We noticed that the "teams" and "Org-chart" features don't represent operational interactions and rituals. This feature provides an easy way for employees to get to know a company's projects, because a company is not just an org chart and managers.
- We define projects as long term initiatives that bring together people from different teams that have a common goal. They can be squads, B-corp projects, CSE...
- Projects are different from teams because they can regroup members across different teams and with different managers. They are not a hierarchic representation and help new comers and all the company understand what people are working on.
How to use them :
- Projects can be created, updated and deleted from a member's profile.
- Anyone can create a project from his profile page and add information and people.
- Only admins and contributors can edit projects that have been created by someone else.
- The list of projects can be found on the right part of the people directory, you can easily filter, and navigate through the different projects.
Upcoming improvements :
- Users will receive a slack notification when they are added to a project
- You will be able to find projects from the "Project directory"
TAGS : Discover who has the same interests as you
- Tags are a very "open" feature that permit to create informal groups based on similar interests, locations, skills... and much more ! They complement "Projects" and "Teams" to permit each company to express their specificities in a simple and informal way.
- Here are example of how tags can be used :
Informal interest groups : parents, vegans, skiing….
Professional skills and interests : react, SQL, graphic design, automation, speaker…
Special statuses : Board, exec team, founder...
How to use them :
- Tags can be created, updated from a member's creation form or from his profile.
- Anyone can create a project from his profile page but only admins and contributors can add tags to other people.
- The list of tags can be found on the right part of the people directory, you can easily filter, and navigate through the different tags and find people with similar interests or skills.
Next improvements :
- Tags can be deleted
- Trending tags are highlighted on Homepage
Let us know what you think !